- Intended for ASUW and ASW (we'll see about that) as well as naval reconnaissance.
- Significantly quieter than Kilos using anechoic tiles and a skewed propeller. Interior machinery is sound silenced.
- Equipped with a towed array.
- Armed, like the Kilos, with six 533mm torpedo tubes, with 18 torpedoes and/or missiles carried.
- They displace 1,750 tons surfaced and are 220 feet long with a crew of 38.
- Capable of submerged cruise at a top speed of about 24 knots with a max operating depth around 800 feet.
- Capable of a max range of 6,000 miles (snorkeling) or about 300 miles submerged on batteries.
- Going to have an electronic periscope with night vision capability and a laser range finder.
- Designed to accept an AIP (air independent propulsion) system, but are not fitted with one as of yet.
Married with a less complex version, the Amur, being offered for export.