I'm on Twitter! More Must Reads

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 22, 2009

    12 Women Have Dolphins??? Real Dolphins?

    I don't have a real problem with women in submarines (I wish they had been onboard in my days), but, I do have a problem with the way this Stars and Stripes article portrays this accomplishment by LCDR Marilisa Elrod ("the distinction of being a submarine-qualified sailor.").
     
    LCDR Elrod is a medical officer and dolphin wearer, and the shocking news (to me) is that there are 11 other dolphin-wearing females.
     
    Upon further review, I suspect (hope) that LCDR Elrod is wearing the special Medical Corps dolphins (the picture isn't of sufficient resolution to tell). Sort of like the Supply Corps' dolphins.  Nice achievement, but not really dolphins, of the steely-eyed killer variety.
     
    If she's not wearing those "special" ones, I am going to be pissed.
     
    Comments???
     
    end...

    1 comment:

    Subvet said...

    Items like this make me so glad for retirement. I read this items, cluck my tongue and say,"Hope those boys are handling this okay."

    Then I go for another cup of coffee.