I'm on Twitter! More Must Reads

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 21, 2009

    Idol 7: No One Can Save You Now!

    Tonight, we have Disco night, let's see who breaks out of the box, and which 2 are going home.

    So, to give the judges ALL time to comment, we are getting straight to it, with Lil going first. Let's get to it:
    1. Lil - I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan - Karaoke. It doesn't make use of Lil's substantial voice. Judges hate it, so do I. I agree with Simon - Lil is done.
    2. Kris - She Works Hard For the Money - Donna Summer - Before he begins I tell the 13 y.o. AI fan - "you can make a disco song fit your style." Kris does this with this song. It's a great version, done well, and, I agree with Kara - something I could see on his album. Well done Kris!
    3. Danny - September - Earth, Wind, and Fire - Danny has a unique enough sound, but, this strikes me as a little bit of an odd performance. People have it right about Danny, he screams everything. Randy likes. Kara likes. Paula likes. Simon agrees, but feels no star power.
    4. Allison - Hot Stuff - Donna Summer - I thought she was doing Led Zeppelin at first (that's a good thing for her, in my opinion). I love Allison. I want her in the final 2 with Adam. Randy and Kara are not thrilled with the arrangement, Paula doesn't care, she loves. Simon says that was "brilliant." Simon's the man.
    5. Adam - If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman - is this what we can expect from a recording Adam? I don't know what to make of it. I really don't. The boy can sing. Randy loves, Kara loves, Paula was crying, Simon loved the originality and the vocals. Ok, everyone else is going for 2nd place.
    6. Matt G - Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees - I like the version. I think it's original and modern, while fairly true to the original. But, there's something missing to me. Randy not a fan of the song choice or arrangement, but he loves Matt's singing. Kara liked the disco flavor, and the performance. Paula - really liked it. Simon wasn't feeling it.
    7. Anoop - Dim The Lights - Donna Summer - Sporting a little facial hair this week. Is it real? Anoop can sing. But this song, doesn't even have the audience in it. Randy didn't love the arrangement, but loved Anoop's singing. Kara thought it was a good choice and liked the beat, really warming to Anoop. Paula - was she crying again? She loved the vocals, too. Simon? Didn't like it, "mediocre at best, worst peformance by a mile."
    Best:
    1. Kris Allen
    2. Adam
    3. Allison
    4. Danny
    In trouble:
    1. Lil (for sure she is gone)
    2. Anoop (pimp spot rarely gets booted)
    3. Matt G
    My prediction:
    Lil and Matt G gone.

    Early (10pm) dialidol.com predictions:
    Kris, Matt, Allison. But, last week, and in previous weeks, dialidol has way overestimated Lil (they have her 2nd right now) and underestimated Kris and Allison. So, my prediction stays the same.

    end...

    No comments: