I'm on Twitter! More Must Reads

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 1, 2008

    McCain on Bush in the next debate

    Over in The Corner on National Review Online, Jay Nordlinger recounts this email exchange, which I think is an excellent idea:
     
    "A reader is thinking ahead to the second and third presidential debates. In the first debate, he says, 'how many times did Obama try to tie McCain to President Bush? About a million? McCain needs to answer that.' And he suggests that McCain answer as follows: 

    'Say what you will about President Bush, senator, but he is the twice-elected president of the United States and a good and honorable man. I would rather be associated with him than with Billy Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, and Tony Rezko, to begin with.'

     

    My reader says this would be a "showstopper" and a "debate clincher." I don't know about that, but I like it . ."

    No comments: