I'm on Twitter! More Must Reads

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 6, 2008

    Wear that lapel pin, Obama!

    So, the 0 (my new moniker for them) campaign is all in a twitter that GOP operatives "rescued" several thousand flags from the Obamevent at Invesco Field, and used them at a McCain rally in Colorado Springs.

    Simultaneously, the 0 himself said, “what they’re really saying is ‘we’re going to try to scare people about Barack. So we’re going to say that you know, ‘Maybe he’s got Muslim connections or we’re going to say that, you know, he hangs out with radicals or he’s not patriotic.’”

    Well, Barack, I will take those on:

    1. That you have Muslim connections - no, you don't have any known current Muslim connections, but I don't think you need to deny that your father was a Muslim. Though you are a Christian, you ought to speak about what brought you to your faith. I think it would be good for all to hear it. I find it ironic that you and your acolytes embrace your father's skin color, but, not his religion.
    2. Hangs out with radicals - I think the Bill Ayers/Bernardine Dohrn questions need to be answered directly by you, as well as questions about some of the groups (ACORN,The Gamaliel Foundation, etc) that you ran with as a "community organizer." Will anyone in the MSM ask you those questions, or are they too busy finding out about Sarah Palin's pregnancies?
    3. Not patriotic - I'll let the voters decide that one. Leftists like to say that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism" and give credit (wrongly) to either Thomas Jefferson or Thomas Paine. Regardless of who you give credit for the statement, dissent is not the highest form of patriotism. I'm pretty sure none of these guys were practicing dissent, and I think they showed the highest form of patriotism.

    No comments: